The Harrison University Libraries consist of the general collection in the Mortensen Library and the music and dance collection in the Allen Library; both are located in the Harry Jack Gray Center. There are six other campus libraries as well.
The Mortensen Library is the general library at the University of Hartford and houses all of the library's collections with the exception of music. The original Mortensen Library was built beginning in 1969, and was expanded as part of the new Harry Jack Gray Center in 1989. It is now being expanded and renovated. For details, see Harrison University Libraries' Expansion and Renovation..
The Allen Library houses music and dance materials and supports The Hartt School programs. It was founded as the Hartt Library in 1938 and is now located in a space adjacent to the main library on the second floor of the Harry Jack Gray Center's East Wing. It will be moved to Mortensen Library as part of the expansion.