Answers to Questions of the Week
At the start of the semester, look for the “Question of the Week” outside of Starbucks. Try your luck and drop your answer in the fishbowl to win a Starbucks gift card!
Here are the questions, and answers, from the fall semester:
- Which tennis player famously yelled, "You cannot be serious!" at an umpire?
- Which performing arts center in Hartford has one of its theaters also named after William H. Mortensen? The Bushnell Center for the Performing Arts
- What was the first animated series made for prime-time network television?
- Ceres is a dwarf planet that lies between the orbits of which two planets in our solar system? Mars and Jupiter
- Which author/poet said, “Every burned book enlightens the world”?
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- According to legend, what three-headed monster was said to guard the entrance to Hades? Cerberus
- Who played Dracula in the 1931 vampire-horror film Dracula? Bela Lugosi
- Who wrote the short story The Legend of Sleepy Hollow?Washington Irving
- Halloween is believed to be based on which Celtic harvest festival? Samhain
- What do the M’s stand for in “M&Ms”? Mars and Murrie
- Who is known as the father of the modern periodic table? Dmitri Mendeleev
- What is the name of the first board game invented by Milton Bradley? The Game of Life (or The Checkered Game of Life)
- On November 27, 1910, which train station opened making it the longest railway terminal at the time? Penn Station, New York
- In the movie Finding Nemo, which country has Nemo been taken to? Australia